Monday, April 20, 2015

Create,Inspire ****Kitchen Wall Completed***Dusty Attic***

Hello,today I am going to share with you,the last LO that I completed for the kitchen wall,plus before & after photos of the wall.....YES,I did it,it is completed!!!!
The Dusty Attic used:
Music
music
Page Pebbles #9
page pebbles #9
Marrakesh Trellis small
marrakesh trellis mini
Mini Heart Buttons
mini heat buttons
Fancy Trim #7
fancy trim #7
String Frames small
String Frame set small
Flower Buds
flower buds

Swirly Vine #4 small 
swirly vine #4 small
Wildflower #3
Wild Flowers #3
 Branch #4 small
Branch-small
Decorative Scroll #1
Decorative Scroll#1
Baroque Frame Set square
mini Bird Cage #2
mini bird cage #2
Flutterbies #3
Flutterbies #3
mini Butterflies #2
mini butterflies #2
Monarch Butterflies
Monarch Butterflies
Image 1
teeny tiny ABC
The Maja Design used:
Nyhavn-P
King's square bs
Kings Square-BS
Veteran ships bs
Veteran Ship-BS
Sitting at the dock
Sitting at the dock
I used these 3 sheets, from the Nyhavn Collection,for this project. Because I mainly want the gray, as the background,I did not do, as much paper layering. I got my texture through stencils & the DA chipboard.So this is all new to me. I changed all my photos to black & white.To deepen the color of Veterans Ship-BS,I painted on Tattered Angels Indian corn & rubbed in some pebbles chalk...I inked all the edges of the paper using a mixture of charcoal & grey mist,I used a brush to do this....
Here are some close ups of detail....
For the red used on the chipboard I used my wall paint,plus I applied a coat of clear crackle varnish. I used LuminArt' (Jasper Red)H20 over the crackle on the chipboard. The red was still a bit to bright,so I toned with wintermist gray H20,once the red had dried. I used this on all the chipboard in these LO's....I also inked the edges of the chipboard using a ink pad..I used distressed brushed pewter stain,paint & crackle on the rest of the chipboard.  I also went through all of my flowers,that were to bright for the Maja Collections & dipped them into all the paint colors, that I used in the kitchen (I watered down the paint)
On this LO,I decided to play with a few stamps.....

I also did some stencil work using TCW,Art is...








Here is a photo, of our kitchen,showing the color of the kitchen....


A before photo of the kitchen wall,I felt there was way to much going on, on that wall,with all the different colors....All of these LO's are moved to other areas of the house,as I have about 160 shadow boxes trough out our home. I started this about 8 years ago, & goggled the shadow boxes,they are still out there, MCS Industries INC shadow boxes. You will notice that I left space, on the outside edges,of the LO's,you need to do this, so that they fit into the box. 
Photos of the updated kitchen wall,it really does look much better....
Yes,I will say this project, was a CHALLENGE,but well worth it. There are some LO's, I am not happy with,but I will do some new ones,next winter. If you decide to take on a project like this,you will want to have extra paper, for future use.I have a least achieved the look,I wanted to see, on that wall of Family!!!
Also just a reminder that the NEW RELEASE is now out on the Dusty Attic Website
Cherish Yesterday...
Cherish Yesterday
Spring Blooms #3
AND
there is FREE shipping anywhere in the world for the month of April using the code 
HAPPYEASTER
(all uppercase with no spaces)
http://www.dustyattic.com.au/
Plus, you also, still have time to play, with this months Mood Board
I just love the colors in this Mood Board...

Thank you so much for taking the time to look...Rachelle


3 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOWWWW! Your kitchen wall turned out SUPER!!!! You have a beautiful kitchen and now with the new layouts of your family it is a gorgeous kitchen! TFS : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen wall gallery looks amazing, and you sure nailed the challenge you set for yourself by doing all those layouts!!! Inspiring and outstanding!!! Very impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word - AMAZING. This was such a huge undertaking and Bravo you not only did it, but every layout is stunning. You are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete