Monday, March 16, 2015

The Johnson Siblings & Enjoy the Moments that make you Smile

Hello,here is the first of 2 LO's that I am going to share with you today.. The photo is,a photo of my mother & her siblings.My mother is the oldest child,holding my Uncle Johnny.I am the first grand child,niece on my moms side of the Family. I believe this is the only photo, ever taken of them all together,however there is 1 sibling missing,my Aunt Deborah,who is only a couple years older then me. I love this photo.....
The Maja Design used:
Nyhavn-P
King's square bs
Kings Square-BS
Veteran ships bs
Veteran Ship-BS
Sitting at the dock
Sitting on the Dock
I am using these 3 sheets, from the Nyhavn Collection,for this project. Because I mainly want the gray, as the background,I will not be doing, as much paper layering. I will get my texture through stencils & the DA chipboard.So this is all new to me. I will also be changing all my photos to black & white. My first step,for this project was to go online shopping. I ordered more Dusty Attic Chipboard, the Maja Design, Nyhavn Collection, (I ordered enough,for this project,plus future projects,as it is a limited edition). I also ordered some stamps,stencils,texture pastes & mists or H20,that would be in my color tones. Now I had to wait for my supplies to arrive, so my next step was to paint the chipboard I had on hand. I used my wall paint,for the red,plus I applied a coat of clear crackle varnish. I used distressed brushed pewter stain,paint & crackle on the rest of the chipboard. The chipboard was now ready for a final coat of H20's,or whatever I wanted to apply over the crackle. I also went through all of my flowers,that were to bright for the Maja Collections & dipped them into all the paint colors, that I used in the kitchen (I watered down the paint). Now I was organized & ready for my paper to arrive....
The Dusty Attic used:
VIne Corner #2
vine corner #2
Wildflower #3
Wild Flower #3
Ivy Corners
Ivy Corners
Branches and Berries
Branches & Berries
Vintage Nameplate set
Vintage Name Plate Set
Word Tags #1
Word Tags #1
mini ABC set upper
mini ABC upper
Here are some close ups of detail....
To deepen the color of Veterans Ship-BS,I painted on Tattered Angels Indian corn & rubbed in some pebbles chalk...I inked all the edges of the paper using a mixture of charcoal & grey mist,I used a brush to do this....

I used LuminArt' (Jasper Red)H20 over the crackle on the chipboard. The red was still a bit to bright,so I toned with wintermist gray H20,once the red had dried. I used this on all the chipboard in these LO's....I also inked the edges of the chipboard using a ink pad...I will be copying & pasting this on to my future posts,to save time,as I am only about half way through this project,& I am using the same supply's trough out this project. 





This is my next LO.using a photo I took of my Mom, with her siblings. This is one of the last photo's taken of  them together,before my mom passed away June 4,2013. My Uncle Johnny is not in this photo,as he had passed away before my Mom....
I choose this title,because my Mom did more then Smile, when she knew, that she was going to get with her sisters & brothers. She was beaming, almost dancing around with joy. They have always been very close. I really saw the support,care & love,that they gave  my Mother & Me when my Moms health, started failing,they were either with us every day,or phoned every day.Yes Mom,you are missed by all of your FAMILY & Friends... 
The Dusty Attic used:
Corner Flourish #1
Corner Flourish #1
Decorative Scroll #2
Decorative Scroll #2
Skeleton Clock 
 Branch #4 small
Branch # 4 small
Ferns
Ferns
mini Branches #2
mini Branches #2
mini Butterflies #2
mini Butterflies #2
mini Butterfly
mini Butterfly
Enjoy the Moments






Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. I really don't know how you do it... the details are astounding! Amazing as always!!

    ReplyDelete