Thursday, November 13, 2014

It's Winter Time ***Maja Design/Dusty Attic

Hello,today I am sharing with you a LO I did,using the first photo's with snow Oct 2014!!!
From Maja Design I used:
A-gift-for-you-P
I used: On Christmas Morning,Wrapped in old News Paper, I also used :Vintage Summer Basics


The Dusty attic used:
Image 1
Rustic Farm Fence (DA0855)
Image 1
Wagon Wheels (DA0697)
Image 1
Branches 6PK (DA0376)
Image 1
Mini branches (DA0439)

Mini Chicken Wire (DA0788)
Bird Houses (DA0699)
Mini Bird Houses (DA0706)
Page Pebbles#5 (DA1110)

mini ABC set upper (DA0861)
 
mini script ABC set (DA0859)

I thought I would also post a couple garden photo's,to show you how I achieved getting my winter garden photo.....
Bird House Summer
Bird House Fall
Bird House Winter
This summer I planted all of my flowering red cabbage in pots & had them around the pool for the summer....
As soon as we put the winter cover on the pool,I moved the cabbages to the front yard,for the fall...I have now moved them to certain places that we do not snow blow,for winter photo's. The color of the cabbages change with the cold & frost. This is the first year I did a Winter garden,so I am excited to see how these cabbages will last throughout the winter. Here are some closeups of detail....
My dogs have been on my mind, with winter coming. We love the snow,but I worry about them when it turns really cold. So I guess that is why they ended up in my flower clusters....
The large flower is Bobunny. I used Tim Holtz Die,
 Festive Greenery,for most of the foliage used on this LO. I cut the pieces,applied rock candy crackle,then dry painted on gesso to bring out the cracks. I then applied MS white texture effects,& while the effects was wet,I sprinkled on some glitter. Milo's nose was in the snow in the photo & now it is in the effects...
On the branches & bird housed I used picket fence crackle. Once the crackle dried I rubbed in a dark brown (pebbles) chalk,inked the edges,then applied some texture effects & glitter.....
I painted the wagon wheel with rock candy crackle,rubbed in the brown chalk,then dry brushed on some gesso & applied texture effects.....

I painted on some plum color wash on to the tiny roses,once that dried I applied some texture effects & glitter....the roses were cream & are IamRoses...



Thank you so much for taking the time to look...Rachelle


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!
    Gorgeous all these details!!
    It must have taken hours to make!
    Have a nice evening
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning. The attention that you give to every little detail blows me away. Your garden and your puppies are beautiful. If you have a moment, can you tell what MS white texture effects is? I definitely have to get some. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete